Tuesday 15 October 2013

A little rant

So yesterday was thanksgiving here in Canada!! One of my favourite holidays ever! Lots of yummy food and pie! 

So each year my family gets together at my parents house (now just my mothers) for a yummy turkey dinner. This year Jim one of our borders asked if he could make the turkey, I gladly handed to task over to him because it's the hardest of all the food, Melissa my sister in law helped me with all the vegetables, and I made the pie. 

Before people could come over I had to clean my kitchen, living room and dining room because it was a mess. It took me a few hours to get everything cleaned. Then I went right on to start cooking all the food. In all I spent 7 hours cleaning, prepping, preparing and serving. Then as I sat down to eat I was still working because the pies had to be baked and finished in order for us to have dessert. Everyone came down to eat the food, then as soon as it was time to get to work cleaning up everyone disappeared except for me and Melissa. So two hours after we ate dinner were still not done the cleaning. Then after we finished the majority if the dishes and put all the food away we decided we were finished our part of the task. 


This morning I woke up and figured hey I'll have some leftover then get some stuff I have to do done. Well that ceased to happen because as soon as I got up I realized no one had touched the clean dishes let alone start washing the other ones. So again today I've spent two hours cleaning my house, which isn't even close to being done.

I guess the frustrating thing is that I live 5 adults older than 30. And I only ever get help from one of them. I'm starting to get overwhelmed with stress because I'm doing way more than I should be all on too if looking for a job, spending time with friends and my boyfriend and sleeping which has become so little that it's making me sick and even more stressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment