Saturday 7 September 2013

The Bible. Which translation/version do you read?

Have you ever felt that you are being attacked by someone, and that its not physical or emotional, but that its Spiritually. Okay, I have one question that may start the biggest debate between Christians everywhere, but its something that has been on my heart for a few days and its getting really hard to just brush the subject off. What version of the Bible do you read? okay so since I was in highschool, which is when I was first consciously introduced to Christ, I received a Bible from my mother, who I might add is not a Christian, she bought me a chicken soup for the soul Bible, which happened to be the NLT. This is the version I read for a few years before I accepted Christ, this is the version I read when I accepted Christ, and this is the version I read to this day. So is this version wrong? is it a lie? does it deceive us? does it change the truth some how?

The way I see it is that I understand it, and God speaks to me through the words written there. I actually want to know what people think. Because this is actually causing me to stumble, because one person who is close to me keeps telling me that I am wrong for reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment