Tuesday 28 January 2014

Scotland, Friends, Power to Change and the awesome God I know.

To think on this day last year I was support raising for one of the biggest adventures I would ever go on in my life, I was praying that I would get to go to the United Kingdom, and that all the support would come in, I was nervous and not sure what would happen next. But God knew what his plan was. And I got on a plane to the UK on spring break!!!! AHHHHH!!!! it's hard to believe that its been a year since I travelled to Glasgow, Scotland, and spent 10 Days with other students from Canada sharing the Gospel with students on the Campuses there. It was an amazing experience and it was learning experience too. I got to meet new people, and make some great friends, some at which who helped me get through some pretty tough times throughout the last year. I met some of the greatest people on this project and some of them will forever have an impact on me. I'm thankful for their friendship, even if its not a close one.

Tonight I was reminded by someone who I will leave nameless, about how much my life has changed, and that even though I am not where I used to be, that I left something far greater. I left what some may call a spark, a little spark that if it continues to grow as I have already seen it grow it will burst and the things that will come from it are great, I can't take the credit because it had nothing to do with me but everything to do with God.  If it wasn't for God speaking to Arden and myself at Winter Conference (in December 2011), we may not of taken the leap of faith it took to go out of our comfort zones and talk to complete strangers, classmates and friends about God, and how amazing he is. If it wasn't for the encouragement and lessons that many Power to Change staff gave us we wouldn't of had any idea where to start. I'm thankful for the staff that have been there to encourage students like Arden and Myself, and so many others to take a leap of faith and build relationships, ask the tough questions and share the Gospel. I remember being terrified the first day we decided to go out on campus, and I remember having to pray that God would give me the courage to talk to someone even if it was a complete failure, but once we did it once it was like it got easier, and easier. And eventually I didn't even have to think about it, it was just natural, obviously God had a big part in that and I am very grateful about that because it was those days out on campus that I felt like I had a purpose, right now I seem disconnected and I sometimes wonder what my purpose is but I know if I am patient God will show me once again.

There is one thing I am sure of though God is doing something in the hearts of students all over the world. And if your reading this I think you should check out Power to Change Students!

When I got back from Scotland, I created a playlist of some of the song's we sang in the mornings before we headed out to the campuses and I think you should check it out. They were encouraging then and still encouraging now.  You can find it here:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxtQ5vJCtbAfO-ze4tfmUkn1DSUJON0du


Tiff.



No comments:

Post a Comment